|Lee’s Enterprise (Lee’s) suppliers must comply with these basic Quality Terms and Conditions.
Additional Quality Clauses will be noted on the Purchase Order as required.
- Any delay in shipment must be conveyed to Lee’s Purchasing as soon as the delay is known.
- Any changes to the contract requirements by the supplier must be approved by Lee’s in writing.
- All information in the contract must be held in confidence and no third party request for information will be authorized unless instructed in writing by Lee’s representative.
- In addition to Lee’s right of access, the supplier agrees to right of access for our customers, and regulatory agencies, to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain, involved in the order and to all applicable records.
- Flow down applicable requirements including customer requirements to sub-tier suppliers.
- Notify Lee’s of changes in product and/or process, changes of suppliers, changes of manufacturing facility location and, where required, obtain Lee’s approval.
- Notify Lee’s quality department prior to transferring any Lee’s work to a new facility. Lee’s Quality Manager will determine prior to the transfer if the supplier may perform the transfer of work.
- Notify Lee’s quality department of nonconforming product and obtain Lee’s approval for nonconforming product disposition.
- Maintain adequate records of all inspections and tests. Records shall be kept for a period of ten (10) years after final payment for supplies or services.
- All work must be processed per latest revision unless otherwise instructed on purchase order.
- Compliance to AC7004, ISO 9001 or AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Maintain a minimum of 95% Quality and 90% On-time Delivery performance.
- Perform due diligence to prevent the use of any conflict minerals in the manufacturing or processing of furnished product.
- Perform due diligence to prevent the use of any conflict materials (tin, tantalum, tungsten & gold) in the manufacturing or processing of furnished products.
- Product must be free of mercury contamination.
- Suppliers must ensure that packaging is adequate to prevent damage and keep products free from foreign contamination.
- Raw material must be melted in the United States or qualified country per DFARS requirements.
- Provide Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and/or certificates of compliances for restricted, toxic or hazardous substances.
- Machining Suppliers must furnish inspection reports, Certificate of Conformance, and as applicable Material and Processing Certifications for the parts they submit.
- Processing suppliers must furnish processing certifications to the purchase order requirements, and shall not process any parts for which they are not certified or approved.
- Material suppliers must furnish material certifications with original mill certifications to the purchase order requirements, and shall not supply material for which they are not certified or approved.
- Calibration Labs be certified to the latest edition of ISO 17025, ANSI/NCSL Z540.1 or ISO 10012.
- Counterfeit Prevention
For purposes of this clause, Counterfeit Work consists of those parts delivered under this Contract that are the lowest level of separately identifiable items (e.g., articles, components, goods, and assemblies).
“Counterfeit Work” means Work that is or contains items misrepresented as having been designed and/or produced under an approved system or other acceptable method. The term also includes approved Work that has reached a design life limit or has been damaged beyond possible repair, but is altered and misrepresented as acceptable.
(b) SELLER agrees and shall ensure that Counterfeit Work is not delivered to Lee’s.
(c) SELLER shall only purchase products to be delivered or incorporated as Work to Lee’s directly from the Original Component Manufacturer (OCM)/Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or through an OCM/OEM authorized distributor chain. Work shall not be acquired from independent distributors or brokers unless approved in advance in writing by Lee’s.
(d) SELLER shall immediately notify Lee’s with the pertinent facts if SELLER becomes aware or suspects that it has furnished Counterfeit Work. When requested by Lee’s, SELLER shall provide OCM/OEM documentation that authenticates traceability of the affected items to the applicable OCM/OEM.
(e) In the event that Work delivered under this Contract constitutes or includes Counterfeit Work, SELLER shall, at its expense, promptly replace such Counterfeit Work with genuine Work conforming to the requirements of this Contract. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Contract, SELLER shall be liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of Counterfeit Work, including without limitation Lee’s costs of removing Counterfeit Work, of reinserting replacement Work and of any testing necessitated by the reinstallation of Work after Counterfeit Work has been exchanged. The remedies contained in this paragraph are in addition to any remedies Lee’s may have at law, equity or under other provisions of this Contract. SELLER shall establish and maintain a Counterfeit Prevention Program using Aerospace Standard AS5553 as a guideline. The purpose of this document is to prevent the delivery of counterfeit parts and control parts identified as counterfeit.