Quality Terms and Conditions
Lee’s Enterprise (Lee’s) suppliers must conform with these requirements, in addition to the Purchase Order.
- Any delay in shipment must be conveyed to Lee’s Purchasing as soon as the delay is known.
- Any changes to the contract requirements by the supplier must be approved by Lee’s in writing.
- All information in the contract must be held in confidence and no third-party request for information will be authorized unless instructed in writing by Lee’s representative.
- To grant Lee’s right of access, their customer, and regulatory authorities to applicable areas of the facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain.
- To use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources i.e. special processes.
- To flow down to external providers applicable requirements including customer requirements.
- To notify Lee’s of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location of manufacture, and obtain Lee’s approval.
- To notify Lee’s prior to transferring any Lee’s work to a new facility. Lee’s Quality Manager will determine prior to the transfer if the supplier may perform the transfer of work.
- To notify Lee’s of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition.
- To retain documented information for a period of fifteen years after final payment for supplies or services and then destroy i.e. shred.
- All work must be processed per latest revision unless otherwise instructed on purchase order.
- Conformance to MIL-I-45208, AC7004, ISO 9001 or AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Calibration Labs shall be certified to the latest edition of ISO 17025, ANSI/NCSL Z540.1 or ISO 10012.
- To maintain a minimum of 95% Quality and 90% On-time Delivery performance.
- Perform due diligence to prevent the use of any conflict materials (tin, tantalum, tungsten & gold) in the manufacturing or processing of furnished products.
- Product must be free of mercury contamination.
- Suppliers must ensure that packaging is adequate to prevent damage and keep products free from foreign contamination.
- Raw material must be melted in the United States or qualified country per DFARS requirements.
- Provide Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and/or certificates of compliance for restricted, toxic or hazardous substances.
- Machining Suppliers must furnish inspection reports, Certificate of Conformance, and as applicable Material and Processing Certifications for the parts they submit.
- Processing suppliers must furnish processing certifications to the purchase order requirements and not process any parts for which they are not certified or approved for.
- Material suppliers must furnish material certifications with original mill certifications to the purchase order requirements and not supply material for which they are not certified or approved for.
- Ensure that persons are aware of their contribution to product or service conformity; their contribution to product safety and the importance of ethical behavior.
- Counterfeit Prevention
For purposes of this clause, Counterfeit consists of those parts delivered under this Contract that are the lowest level of separately identifiable items (i.e. components, goods, and assemblies). “Counterfeit ” means product that is or contains items misrepresented as having been designed and/or produced under an approved system or other acceptable method. The term also includes approved product that has reached a design life limit or has been damaged beyond possible repair but is altered and misrepresented as acceptable. (b) Supplier agrees and ensures that Counterfeit Work is not delivered to Lee’s. (c) Only purchase products to be delivered or incorporated as work to Lee’s directly from the Original Component Manufacturer (OCM)/Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or through an authorized distributor. Product shall not be acquired from independent distributors or brokers unless approved in advance in writing by Lee’s. (d) Immediately notify Lee’s with the relevant facts if the supplier becomes aware or suspects that it has furnished Counterfeit Work. When requested by Lee’s, the supplier must provide OCM/OEM documentation that authenticates traceability of the affected items to the applicable OCM/OEM. (e) In the event that product delivered under this Contract constitutes or includes Counterfeit products, the supplier, at its expense, promptly replace such Counterfeit product with genuine product conforming to the requirements of the purchase requirement (PO). The supplier is liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of Counterfeit product, including without limitation Lee’s costs of removing Counterfeit product, of reinserting replacement work and of any testing necessitated by the reinstallation of product after Counterfeit product has been exchanged. The remedies contained in this paragraph are in addition to any remedies Lee’s may have at law, equity or under other provisions of this agreement. The purpose of this is to prevent the delivery of counterfeit parts and control parts identified as counterfeit.
|Rev: G Approval Date: 05/17/2018 Approved By: MP|